Fall 18 Registration
To all student athletes, we want to invite you to join our program and to participate in our lacrosse program.
To those of you new to the game, we absolutely have a spot for you! Not only will you learn a sport that combines many aspects of football, hockey, basketball, and soccer, but you will also become a member of great team, improve your performance in other sports, and yes … even have some fun!
To you veterans of the program, we are asking you to participate and to accept the challenge of making Smithson Valley Lacrosse something special. We are asking you to take what your predecessors built and to not only build upon it, but to start setting the standard for which future teams and programs are measured! If this sounds like something you are interested in please see the details below.
- Grades: 9-12
- Focus of the Fall Program: (1) Build the team; (2) strengthen skills; (3) learn the offense/defense; & (4) elevate fitness levels
- Registration Dates: 5 Sep – 23 Oct 2018
- Uniform Order Date: Our deadline for ordering uniforms is 23 Oct 18. Note: Sometime between now & mid Oct, we will host an event for the kids to come try on uniforms & select the sizes they need.
- Season Dates: 15 Oct – 16 Dec 2018
- Cost: $410 (includes two practices a week; offensive, defensive, and specialty coaching; two tournaments; fall/spring uniforms; online access to game video, statistics, & recruiting films). Balance must be paid in full or payments must be current (No Later Than 23 Oct 18)
- Coaches: Ben Conner (HC & O Coordinator), Defensive, & Specialty coaches TBD.
- Practice Days: Tues and Thurs
- Practice Time: 5:30-7:30 pm
- Practice Location: TBD (we are looking at different options to include: Jumbo Evans, SVMS, SBMS, PRMS, and/or some combination of these fields)
- Tournaments: This might change, but as of today we are looking at the following two tournaments: (1) 2-3 Dec, Longhorn Shootout, Austin TX; (2) 8-9 Dec, Texas Lacrosse Festival I, Lockhart TX. [Note: If there is way to get a 3rd tournament on the schedule and stay w/in budget, we might do that as well. In addition, we may look to see if there is an opportunity to schedule some local games against some local teams.]
A Cascade R or S is required for all high school players (9th – 12th grade) and is optional for all others.
For those of you looking for a used helmet, I recommend either reaching out to former SVHS players or visiting a site like https://sidelineswap.com. If you go this route, please make sure the shell is navy blue (glossy), the mask is white, and the chinstrap is white.
For those of you looking for a new helmet, you will be able to order one during the registration process. Each helmet is $190.